Welcome to the Dobbs Forum, the Doctors only Bulletin Board System, and the premier online community for Malaysian doctors since 2000.
Access to Dobbs is free but the forums are available only to Malaysian doctors.
If you are already a registered user, you may login by entering your username and password at the sidebar.
If you are a Facebook user, you may also login using the Login with Facebook button – this will work only for registered members and provided you are using the same email address for both Dobbs and Facebook.
If you are not yet a member, you are invited to Register in Dobbs today – click on the Registration button on the Home page.
Dobbs has a long history, going back to circa 1997 when doctors wanted a discussion forum and those of you active at that time will recall Bulletin Boards like Jaring Medibase. The aim was to ultimately have a private doctors only forum and in 2000, Dobbs morphed into a full fledged web based system powered by Cold Fusion. Here's a nostalgic screen shot from the Internet archives :
This served it's purpose for a while but was a cumbersome hand-coded system which was difficult to upgrade and customise.
In 2005, Dobbs moved on to an "off the shelf" forum powered by Snitz, and it gave us the capability to have both a private and public forum, the former being the private forum for doctors i.e. Dobbs.
Dobbs Web Forums is now a bbPress powered web forum with a huge archive of valuable discussions
In the era of the social network and the mobile, Dobbs is now also available on 3 platforms:
1) As a closed Facebook group, Dobbs Facebook
2) As a Web forum (this site), which is responsive and mobile friendly
3) As a Mobile app, participating in Docquity
For more info on the entire Dobbs network, see the main Dobbs Landing Page
With this three pronged approach, we hope that Malaysian doctors will continue to actively participate in Dobbs, a community for doctors by doctors, and without community participation it won't exist. Carry on Dobbers!
Dr. Alan Teh
MBBS MRCP (UK) FRCP (Edin)
Updated 25 May 2017
1) Usage of Dobbs is subject to Dobbs Rules
2) The site Privacy and Usage Policy
3) DOBBS is privately funded and not affiliated with any other organisation. We do display Google ads which help fund the site and we do not control the nature of the ads displayed to you - that is determined by Google and may reflect your surfing habits.